Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Тема: Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: cpu bound postgresql setup. Firstly many thanks for responding. I am concerned because the load averages have increased and users complaining of slowness. I do not change settings frequenly. I was curious if there is any half dead component in th  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
 Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
  Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
     Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
      Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
        Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Alvaro Herrera, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )

Excerpts from Rajesh Kumar Mallah's message of jue jun 24 13:25:32 -0400 2010:

> What prompted me to post to list is that the server transitioned from
> being IO bound to CPU bound and 90% of syscalls being
> lseek(XXX, 0, SEEK_END) = YYYYYYY

It could be useful to find out what file is being seeked.  Correlate the
XXX with files in /proc/<pid>/fd (at least on Linux) to find out more.

--
Álvaro Herrera <>

Сообщение: Re: Occasional giant spikes in CPU load
Сообщение: Re: Occasional giant spikes in CPU load