Re: postgres crash SOS

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: postgres crash SOS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 19:27 +0000, Dann Corbit wrote:
> [...]

I think this argument as a whole represents so many "What ifs" it is not
even worth having.

Fact: Windows Server is a decent OS for databases
Caveat: If properly managed
Wish: A decent shell to work in (although powershell is interesting)

Big fark of a caveat there. Of course the same caveat applies to Linux
or FreeBSD too.

> > (Perhaps more to the point, if they don't have problems, it's likely
> > because they tell their customers how to configure Windows boxes safely
> > before the fact.  And people who are spending the money for an Oracle
> > license will heed that advice.)
> >

> Care was taken in selection of hardware and configuration.  Is this different for any database system?

Yes :) but does it matter?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--