Re: installdir patch for win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: installdir patch for win32
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Claudio Natoli <claudio.natoli@memetrics.com> writes:
> Supplement to previous win32 patch for dfmgr. Win32 replacement for
> configure time constants like PKGLIBDIR.

This is exactly the sort of cruft I was hoping we would not get saddled
with by a Windows port.

If the problem is that we need PKGLIBDIR not to be frozen at compile
time, then let's fix the problem for everybody, not add a pile of
undocumented #ifdef WIN32 hacks.  (And it is a problem for everybody;
see for example
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-03/msg00894.php
which boils down to the complaint that pkglibdir shouldn't be frozen
by configure.  The RPM packagers would also be happier if they could
make relocatable RPMs of Postgres.)

Every "#ifdef WIN32" I see reduces my opinion of the quality of work
being done for this port.