Re: hstore ==> and deprecate =>

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: hstore ==> and deprecate =>
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2010-06-08 at 15:38 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I'm happy to do whatever the consensus is.  I thought it would be
> easier to remember if the two operators were spelled at least somewhat
> similarly, but I just work here.

How about no operator at all?  It won't be as cool to read, but
consider, the arguments are text and text, not involving any hstore type
at all, so whatever operator you choose is in practice blocked from
everyone everywhere.  No one could ever implement another key/value
system that uses a similar interface.  Or use the operator for anything
else involving strings.

Why not just write:

hstore('this', 'that')
hstore(key := 'this', value := 'that')