Re: interval integer comparison

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: interval integer comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-2?Q?Havasv=F6lgyi_Ott=F3?= <h.otto@freemail.hu> writes:
> Pg 8.0.3 allows me to compare interval with integer, but I cannot see any
> reasonable rule:

> 1 < '1 days'::interval

The reason that doesn't fail outright is that both integer and
interval have implicit coercions to text.  So the only interpretation
the parser can find is to convert both sides to text and use the text <
operator.  As text comparisons your answers all make sense.

I've been arguing for a long time that we need to cut down on the number
of implicit coercions to text...

Сообщение: Re: Accessing PostgreSQL from C++
Сообщение: Re: Accessing PostgreSQL from C++