Re: Synchronization levels in SR

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Synchronization levels in SR
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 19:50 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

> For now, I agree that we support a quorum commit feature for 9.1 or later.
> But I don't think that it's simpler, more intuitive and easier-to-understand
> than per-standby setting. So I think that we should include the per-standby
> setting in the first patch.

There already is a first patch to the community that implements quorum
commit, just not by you.

If you have a better way, describe it in detail and in full now, with
reference to each of the use cases you mentioned, so that people get a
chance to give their opinions on your design. Then we can let the
community decide whether or not that second way is actually better. We
may not need a second patch.