Re: unnailing shared relations (was Re: global temporary tables)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: unnailing shared relations (was Re: global temporary tables)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of vie may 21 10:20:38 -0400 2010:

> Actually, there's another way we could do this.   Instead of creating
> pg_shared_class and pg_shared_attribute and moving all of the catalog
> entries for the shared relations into those tables, we could consider
> leaving the catalog entries in the unshared copies of pg_class,
> pg_attribute, etc. and DUPLICATING them in a shared catalog which
> would only be used prior to selecting a database.  Once we selected a
> database we'd switch to using the database-specific pg_class et al.
> Obviously that's a little grotty but it might (?) be easier, and
> possibly a step along the way.

Uh, how does this work when you change the entries for shared relations
in a database-specific pg_class?  Keeping everything in sync seems hard,
if not impossible.

--
Álvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>