Re: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2010-05-18 at 18:26 -0400, Ben Hockey wrote:
> ecmascript 5 is the most recent specification for JavaScript and i
> would think that having a DATESTYLE format to simplify
> interoperability with JavaScript applications would be highly
> desirable.

Note that we haven't got any other datestyles that are intended to
support interoperability with some language.  It is usually the job of
the client driver to convert PostgreSQL data (plural of datum) to the
appropriate type and format for the client environment or language.  Is
there any reason why JavaScript would be different?