Re: make install fails due to "/bin/mkdir: missing operand"

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: make install fails due to "/bin/mkdir: missing operand"
Дата
Re: make install fails due to "/bin/mkdir: missing operand"  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Kenichiro Tanaka's message of lun may 10 07:07:27 -0400 2010:

> Reproduce case:
> #prefix and with-pgport are not important
> ./configure --enable-nls='UFT_JP' --prefix=/home/p900/posgrehome
> --with-pgport=1900
> make && make install

I think this is pilot error, in the sense that it doesn't fail if you
don't pass an invalid language name.  Maybe the bug is that we allow
--enable-nls to pass down junk down to the install Makefile, instead of
erroring out right there.

The failure was introduced in this patch:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=2b30e0ad2f198505c584792e0694a65e10cabe39