Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2010-05-09 at 16:10 +0200, Florian Pflug wrote:

> Adding pause/resume seems to introduce some non-trivial locking
> problems, though. How would you handle a pause request if the recovery
> process currently held a lock?

(We are only talking about AccessExclusiveLocks here. No LWlocks are
held across WAL records during replay)

Just pause. There are no technical problem there.

Perhaps a danger of unforeseen consequences, though doing that might
also be desirable, who can say?

Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful