Re: beta to release

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: beta to release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 08:12 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> (3) mentoring the GSoC
> projects on matviews, json, and merge.  Everything else is pretty
> amorphous at this point,

That's good you volunteered. I'm sorry to say that I'm really surprised
to hear anyone thinks MERGE or matviews are suitable student projects. I
regard both as long and hard projects and feel we shouldn't be
encouraging people to do things like that as their first project. (Not
aimed at you, or any individual.)

> Please also share your plans for 9.1.

Will do.

Synch rep. is one, there are others, but not as much thought gone into
this as usual yet.