Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of jue may 06 11:19:27 -0400 2010:

> It seems copying over pg_statistic would require preservation of
> pg_class.oid.  Right now we only preserve pg_class.relfilenode.

That could be fixed easily by creating a throwaway table which included the
qualified table name instead of the OID, and reloading it into pg_statistic
after the migration.

Perhaps this could be done as a regular task in the old database before
bringing the server down.