Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 23:15 -0700, Rob Wultsch wrote:

> I manage a bunch of different environments and I am pretty sure that
> in any of them if the db started seemingly randomly killing queries I
> would have application teams followed quickly by executives coming
> after me with torches and pitchforks.

Fully understood and well argued, thanks for your input.

HS doesn't randomly kill queries and there are documented work-arounds
to control this behaviour.

Removing the parameter won't help the situation at all, it will make the
situation *worse* by removing control from where it's clearly needed and
removing all hope of making the HS feature work in practice. There is no
consensus to remove the parameter.