Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  ("Chris Hoover", )
 Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  ("Frits Hoogland", )
  Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  ("Woody Woodring", )
 Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  ("Dawid Kuroczko", )
  Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  (Gregory Stark, )
 Re: PostgreSQL NetApp and NFS  (Jurgen Haan, )

Bruce Momjian <> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Aside from what's said there, I'd note that it's a seriously bad idea
>> to use a "soft mount" or any arrangement wherein it's possible for
>> Postgres to be running while the NFS disk is not mounted.

> Do the docs need updating for this?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to mention it, if we're going to have a section
pointing out NFS risks.