Re: invalidly encoded strings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: invalidly encoded strings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> BTW, I'm sure this was discussed but I forgot the conclusion: should
>> chr(0) throw an error?

> I think it should, yes.

OK.  Looking back, there was also some mention of changing chr's
argument to bigint, but I'd counsel against doing that.  We should not
need it since we only support 4-byte UTF8, hence code points only up to
21 bits (and indeed even 6-byte UTF8 can only have 31-bit code points,
no?).

If Tatsuo can find official code-point mappings for any other MB
encodings, +1 on supporting those too.

Сообщение: Re: integrated tsearch doesn't work with non utf8 database
Сообщение: Re: integrated tsearch doesn't work with non utf8 database