Re: Re: [GENERAL] [SQL] Tsearch not searching 'Y'

От sandeep prakash dhumale
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] [SQL] Tsearch not searching 'Y'
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:27:33 +0530 wrote
>On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 01:13:40PM -0000, sandeep prakash dhumale wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am trying to get tsearch working for my application but I am facing a
>> problem when alphabet 'Y' is the in the tsquery.
>>
>> can anyone please share some light on it.
>>

>> # SELECT 'hollywood'::tsvector @@ to_tsquery('holly:*');
>> ?column?
>> ----------
>> (1 row)
>>
>> SELECT 'hollywood'::tsvector @@ to_tsquery('holl:*');
>> ?column?
>> ----------
>> (1 row)
>>

>> It works when i put <> in y as below but i don't want to do it that way.
>>
>> SELECT 'hollywood'::tsvector @@ to_tsquery('holl<y>:*');
>> ?column?
>> ----------
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
>That is because the to_tsquery() normalizes the tokens. Here is
>what I get from the default configuration:
>
>db=# select to_tsquery('holly:*');
> to_tsquery
>------------
> 'holli':*
>(1 row)
>
>db=# select to_tsquery('holl:*');
> to_tsquery
>------------
> 'holl':*
>(1 row)
>
>It is pretty easy to see why you see the behavior that you do.
>Maybe you need to change your tsearch configuration to match what
>you expect to happen.
>
>Regards,
>Ken
>

>--

First of all thanks for your replies Tom and Ken,

I am little newbie to Tsearch so I appologies if I sound a little confuse.

Tom: If i do by casting like you wrote then i ran into case sensitivity issue also then it does not work for other searches I guess then it sees for exact matches and not normalize to lexims.

Ken: As you said I need to change my configuration, It would be great if you can point me out where i can change that configuration

and what about that  <y> in the query how does it work, does that mean to explicitly include y in to_tsquery.

All your help is higly appriciated.

--Sandy

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: