Re: recovery_connections cannot start (was Re: master in standby mode croaks)

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: recovery_connections cannot start (was Re: master in standby mode croaks)
Дата
Re: recovery_connections cannot start (was Re: master in standby mode croaks)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 15:18 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> We're going to need
> a bunch of GUCs any way we slice it.  The issue is whether there's a
> way to slice it that involves fewer AND and OR operators that have to
> be understood by users.

So we're proposing adding parameters to simplify things for users? I
don't think fiddling is going to improve things significantly from a
usability perspective, especially at the last minute.

I'm guessing this conversation has more to do with the situation that
some very clever people have a little time on their hands after a long
period of hard work. I see no problem that needs to be solved, not
alongside this water cooler at least. Smells like beta time.

Сообщение: Re: recovery_connections cannot start (was Re: master in standby mode croaks)
Сообщение: Re: recovery_connections cannot start (was Re: master in standby mode croaks)