I/O error during autovacuum

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема I/O error during autovacuum
Дата
Re: I/O error during autovacuum  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I recently started seeing the following in the logs:

ERROR:  could not read block 46 of relation
pg_tblspc/16385/8578554/11521501: Input/output error
CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table "foo.pg_toast.pg_toast_8578780"

This is a Slony-I 1.2.21 slave, which runs 8.4.3 on RHEL 5.5.

This toast relation is the toast of an index of one of the most
frequently used tables.

Is this *definitely* a disk error, or could it be related to PostgreSQL
itself? I'm in the process of replacing disks, but I wanted to make
sure.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ