Re: Optimze usage of immutable functions as relation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Optimze usage of immutable functions as relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Given this I think the appropriate state of the CF entry would have been
> waiting-for-author, not needs review. Or alternatively
> returned-with-feedback or rejected.  I'm a bit confused as to why the
> patch was moved to the next CF twice?

We have this review from Antonin, and mine in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2906.1542395026%40sss.pgh.pa.us
and there's the cfbot report that the patch doesn't even apply anymore.

The dummy-relation stuff I referred to has now been merged, so there's
really no good reason not to revise the patch along that line.

I'm going to go set this CF entry to waiting-for-author, but unless
a rewritten patch appears soon, I think we should close it
returned-with-feedback.  I think the idea is potentially good, but
as I said in my review, I don't like this implementation; it has the
potential to be a net loss in some cases.