Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make standby server continuously retry restoring the next WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 12:35 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Looking into this, I realized that we have a bigger problem...

A lot of this would be easier if you do the docs first, then work
through the problems. The new system is more complex, since it has two
modes rather than one and also multiple processes and a live connection.
The number of failure cases must be higher than previously.

Documenting how it is supposed to work in the event of failure will help
everyone check those and comment on them.