Re: IPv6 link-local addresses and init data type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: IPv6 link-local addresses and init data type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> writes:
> Basically the inet data type cannot store or parse valid ipv6 address literals with a scope / zone id suffix.
Apparentlythe combination of virtualised linux, ipv6 network and JVM that we are using has combined to report
connectionson localhost as coming from ‘::1%0’, which our app is unsuccessfully attempting to store in the db in an
inetcolumn. This is the first time that I have ever seen this, but perhaps it will get more common as ipv6-first usage
increases.

> Given that inet is a varlena struct with only known-length fields, it seems potentially possible to extend it to add
anoptional, variable length zone id on the end, with the result being backwards compatible with existing data.

> Thoughts?

The impression I have is that scopes are not very well standardized ---
eg, OS X reports things like "fe80::1%lo0" not just "%0".  If we could
get around that problem it would be worth doing.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: "Allow usage of huge maintenance_work_mem for GIN build" patch
От: Vladimir Borodin
Сообщение: Re: 9.4 -> 9.5 regression with queries through pgbouncer on RHEL 6