Re: auto_explain produces invalid JSON

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: auto_explain produces invalid JSON
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 02/13/2012 11:15 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> After looking a bit more at the existing explain code, it seems like the
>> critical issue is that explain.c has ExplainOpenGroup/ExplainCloseGroup
>> calls around the ExplainPrintPlan call (see ExplainOnePlan), while
>> auto_explain does not.

> Yeah, maybe. We'd still have to do it conditionally (have to use
> ExplainBeginOutput for the XML case), but it would possibly be less kludgy.

Hm?  I wasn't suggesting removing the ExplainBeginOutput call, but more
like
        ExplainBeginOutput(&es);
+            ExplainOpenGroup(...);        ExplainQueryText(&es, queryDesc);        ExplainPrintPlan(&es, queryDesc);
+            ExplainCloseGroup(...);        ExplainEndOutput(&es);

Details still TBD; the point is just that it's not clear to me why
auto_explain should need a formatting concept that doesn't already exist
within explain.c.