Re: Urgent help needed- alias name in update statement

От Steve T
Тема Re: Urgent help needed- alias name in update statement
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Venkat
Shouldn't the expression have an 'as'?

IE
UPDATE mytable AS x
SET x.name = 'asdf'
WHERE x.no = 1

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 19:21 +0530, venkatrao.b@tcs.com wrote:

Hello,

In postgre, when i am trying to give alias name in update statement like below -
---------------------------------
update mytable x
set x.name = 'asdf'
where x.no = 1
-------------------------------

is giving error - mytable is not having col x.

We have migrated code from oracle to postgre 8.4. Is there any solution for this.
(functions were compiled without any compilation errors - now when we are trying to run these we are getting problems)

Please help..

Venkat
and any attachments. Thank you

Steve Tucknott