Re: Immodest Proposal: pg_catalog.pg_ddl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Immodest Proposal: pg_catalog.pg_ddl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> The idea is to make a new table in pg_catalog called pg_ddl.

This seems rather poorly thought out --- I can't even tell whether your
intention is to make a log of past operations, or to provide a uniform
way to extract the current definition of every object.  If the latter,
recording text won't do it.  If the former, the notion that all DDL can
be uniquely keyed to one object OID is bogus, and I don't even see the
argument for doing it via a table rather than via the postmaster log.