Re: How to Output PSQL Errors to a Log File?

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: How to Output PSQL Errors to a Log File?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 23:32 -0800, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> No. I dumped the 7.1 with the 7.1 version of pg_dump.
> Is it better to dump with the 8.3 version of pg_dump?

Since you will be restoring your data to a 8.3 server, you should use
8.3 pg_dump, yes.

>  I thought I read it some where in the mailing lists.  I don't know
> how I would be able to dump with the 8.3 version of pg_dump.  The
> database and Postgres 7.1 is loaded on the current production box and
> Postgres 8.3.8 is loaded on a dev server that I plan to migrate the
> database to.

After setting tcpip_socket to true and granting access using
pg_hba.conf, you can connect from 8.3 machine to 7.1 machine (you may
need to change your firewall settings, etc), like:

pg_dump -h ip/hostname/of/7.1/machine dbname -f dump.file

You don't need to compile and install 8.3 to 7.1 machine.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE

Вложения