Re: PERFORM not working properly, please help..

От Florent THOMAS
Тема Re: PERFORM not working properly, please help..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
And what about that : http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/xfunc-sql.html#XFUNC-SQL-FUNCTIONS-RETURNING-SET

Maybe my french english disallowed me to understand right the question, but I think that this item could help in a way!

Le vendredi 19 février 2010 à 11:04 +0100, Pavel Stehule a écrit :
2010/2/19  <wilczarz1@op.pl>:
> Hi Pavel, thanks for reply. Your solution:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION A3() RETURNS VOID AS $BODY$
> begin
>  return query select * from A1();
>  return;
> end;
> $BODY$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
>
> generates error "cannot use RETURN QUERY in a non-SETOF function" because A3 returns VOID.

problem is in A3, cannot be void.

PostgreSQL has only function. It hasn't "procedures" where you can
execute unbinded queries. So if you can take any result from any
rutine, you have to take it explicitly. VOID in pg means, there are no
any interesting result, really no any interesting result. It can be
problem, when you know MySQL procedures or MSSQL procedures. You have
to forgot on procedures with returning recordset or multirecordset as
secondary effect.

regards
Pavel Stehule