Re: Configure problem when cross-compiling PostgreSQL 16.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Configure problem when cross-compiling PostgreSQL 16.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dominik Michael Rauh <dmrauh@posteo.de> writes:
> Apparently when cross-compiling the linker is automatically assumed to not
> understand "--export-dynamic", leading to aforementioned problem on my end.
> There is also at least one additional linker flag "--as-needed" that is not
> being used when cross-compiling. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding the
> implications that PostgreSQL has when "$cross_compiling=yes"?

Cross-compiling isn't really a supported thing, because there's too
much stuff we can't find out about the target system in that case.
If it works for you, great, but if it doesn't we're unlikely to put
a lot of effort into fixing it.  You might be able to manually
correct whatever mistaken assumptions configure made (by editing
its output files).  It's hard to see how that could be automated
though.