Deferred constraint and delete performance

От Franck Routier
Тема Deferred constraint and delete performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I am trying to improve delete performance on a database with several
foreign keys between relations that have 100M or so rows.

Until now, I have manually disabled the triggers, done the delete, and
re-enabled the triggers.

This works, but I have to do that when I am sure no other user will
access the database...

I am wondering if deferring foreign key constraints (instead of
disableing them) would increase performance, compared to non deferred
constraints (and compared to disableing the constraints, but I guess no
in this case).

Thanks,

Franck