Re: ODBC gives pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ODBC gives pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Cedar Cox <cedarc@visionforisrael.com> writes:
> I'm using ODBC/MS Access and every time my client shuts down
> I get the log message:
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Not you, the ODBC driver --- it's just unceremoniously closing the
socket connection without being polite enough to send the disconnect
message (a single 'X', I think) first.

Somebody ought to fix that, but it's not a real high priority.
There's no bad side-effects other than cluttering the postmaster log.

> (yes I did copy the JDBC post.. ;)

I haven't looked at the JDBC code, but evidently it's equally impolite.