Re: danger of stats_temp_directory = /dev/shm

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: danger of stats_temp_directory = /dev/shm
Дата
Re: danger of stats_temp_directory = /dev/shm  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Jeff Janes escribi�:
>> With the stats file split patch 187492b6c2e8cafc5 introduced in 9.3dev, now
>> after a crash the postmaster will try to delete all files in the directory
>> stats_temp_directory.  When that is just a subdirectory of PGDATA, this is
>> fine. But it seems rather hostile when it is set to a shared directory,
>> like the popular /dev/shm.

>> Does this need to be fixed, or at least documented?

> I think we need it fixed so that it only deletes the files matching a
> well-known pattern.

I think we need it fixed to reject any stats_temp_directory that is not
postgres-owned with restrictive permissions.  The problem here is not
with what it deletes, it's with the insanely insecure configuration.