Re: Attribute a value to a record

От Florent THOMAS
Тема Re: Attribute a value to a record
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 14:38 +0100, Florent THOMAS a écrit :
Thank you,

As I posted on a french list, whene I start to develop trigger bigger than 10lines, I always come back on developper habits and forget database aspects.
So I WILL PRINT IT ON MY WALL : With records everything is temporary.

Best regards and sorry for the english!

Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 14:13 +0100, Albe Laurenz a écrit :
Florent THOMAS wrote:
> I understood that in the Loop you can change the values of a
> variable! Exactly what I needed.
> but unfortunately all of this seems to be temporary.
> Consequently, the record in the table won't be updated by the
> changes we made on the local variable even if it points to a
> record in the table.
> I forgot the aspect of the cursor that is temporary.

I get you now - you expected that the underlying table would
be updated if you change a variable in PL/pgSQL.

I don't think that you need dynamic SQL for that -
all it takes is an UPDATE statement in your loop, like

UPDATE XXX SET XXX.myfield = mynewvalue  WHERE XXX.pkey = ventilation_local.pkey;

(using the names from your sample)

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Attribute a value to a record
Сообщение: Re: Attribute a value to a record