Re: Connect RDF to PostgreSQL?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Connect RDF to PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 08:51 -0500, Aaron wrote:
> I am presenting on PostgreSQL tonight and someone e-mailed me with a
> question before my talk so I might be able to find him an answer:
>
> "We are starting a new, large project that uses an ontology based (
> RDF - Resource Description Framework
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Description_Framework ) approach
> to organize data, which provides a lot of flexibility. The only viable
> database we have found that supports this is Oracle, who have tightly
> integrated their database interface to efficiently support sparql (
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARQL ) queries. Other databases seem to
> only interface to the open source jena technology, which fails to
> scale to larger data sets as it tries to read huge chunks of data into
> memory.
>
> We would prefer to go with an open source option, but can't. Do you
> know of a software package that can efficiently connect RDF to
> PostgreSQL?"

What do you mean "connect"? If you want to support RDF as storage we do
have native xml capabilities.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/datatype-xml.html

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.