Re: plpython3

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: plpython3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 16:13 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut escribi?:
> > >
> > > I find that curious, because much of the criticism about the current
> > > PL/Python can be traced back to the fact that the implementation used to
> > > be an exact copy of PL/Perl.
> >
> > Perhaps the problem is that PL/Perl used to be unwieldy back when
> > PL/Python was created.  PL/Perl has definitely seen a lot more activity.
>
> I would love to know why PL/Python can't be incrementally improved like
> the rest of our code.

It has been. That is exactly what PeterE has been doing.

However, if you look at this whole thread, you will see the James has a
very different view of the implementation. One that at least appears to
be more advanced and "pythonic" than our version.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.