Re: Connect to Postgres problems

От Rodrigo Gonzalez
Тема Re: Connect to Postgres problems
Список pgsql-general
Did you reload postgres configuration after changing pg_hba.conf?

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 08:36 -0800, Christine Penner wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a connection to Postgres to work from
outside of my local network. It was working fine at one point. Then I
had to change IP addresses and I can't get it to work. This is what I've done.

On the computer with Postgres installed I have this in the pg_hba.conf file:
host     all     all     207.6.93.152/32         md5

in the postgresql.conf file I have this:
listen_addresses = '*'
port = 5432

I also have the router set up to forward port 5432 to the computer
with Postgres installed.

I have confirmed that the IP address in pg_hba.conf and the IP
address being used to connect to are correct. I know the user name
and password etc are correct because I can connect locally using the
same stuff.  The only things that have changed since it was working
is IP addresses. I confirmed they are right. Also when trying to get
it working I noticed that the port forwarding got disabled somehow so
I set that up again but still no luck.

I'm at a loss here. What else can I be missing?

Christine Penner
Ingenious Software
250-352-9495
christine@ingenioussoftware.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Connect to Postgres problems
Сообщение: Re: Connect to Postgres problems