[Fwd: Re: IP clash in the PC]

От Deepa K
Тема [Fwd: Re: IP clash in the PC]
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Subject: Re: [GENERAL] IP clash in the PC
From:    "Deepa K" <kdeepa@midascomm.com>
Date:    Thu, August 26, 2004 10:56 am
To:      "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>

Hi,
 Yes I am contacting right database server. I am sure, because when tried
to execute two files simulataneously, one file got executed and other one
failed.

> On 8/25/2004 9:32 AM, Deepa K wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>      In my PC, eth0 is not up because of IP address clash (another PC is
>> using the same IP address). I tried to execute a file which has set of
insert commands. After executing the file, when I go and see the
database, no rows are inserted. I redirected the output to another
file. It shows success for all inserts, but no rows in database. This
is happening only when the PC has IP clash, that too not all times. I
wasn't able to trace out the problem as it is occuring rarely.

> So the database server is responding with transaction commits while
ignoring what you updated? I have a hard time to believe that. Are you
sure that you are contacting the right database server while there is an
IP address clash in progress?

> Jan
>

>> Steps followed :
>> ==============
>>
>> 1. Linux installation (PC with IP adderss clash)
>> 2. Running psql -U corview manager -f "filename" >> out
>>
>>       Can any one help me regarding this.
>>

> --

regards,
Deepa K

--
regards,
Deepa K

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Substring RegExp Extract path
От: Fuchs Clemens
Сообщение: ALTER TABLE - add several columns