Re: "Hanging Connection" blocks access to table (JBossMQ)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "Hanging Connection" blocks access to table (JBossMQ)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Michael Goldner <mgoldner@agmednet.com> writes:
> I shut down postgresql manually (pg_ctl restart -m immediiate) after I had
> first stopped Jboss and waited about 30 seconds to see that the two blocking
> connections were not closing.

Really?  "-m immediate" should boot backends off lock waits in any case
... and does according to my tests.  Whether Jboss notices the
connections dropping right away might be another story.  What are you
observing as a "not closed" connection?

I wouldn't personally use "-m immediate" for this purpose mind you.
"-m fast" is safer and should have the same result.

Сообщение: Re: "Hanging Connection" blocks access to table (JBossMQ)
Сообщение: Re: "Hanging Connection" blocks access to table (JBossMQ)