Problem with 8.1's pg_dump -- not dumping a partition

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Problem with 8.1's pg_dump -- not dumping a partition
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I just got an e-mail yesterday, regarding an issue with 8.1's pg_dump.

The problem is: Even if they use pg_dumpall, PostgreSQL does not dump
one of the partition, which is inherited by parent table. I don't have
access to the machine, so I don't know what the exact problem is -- is
this a known issue with 8.1? I thought 8.1 was able to track all
dependencies.

As I wrote, even pg_dumpall does not dump that partition, so they cannot
restore their dump now. This is more weird than pg_dump issue actually,
since I still expect pg_dumpall to dump everything in the cluster.

They are using 8.1.17, on Debian.

Their commands are:
* pg_dumpall -g ; pg_dump -Fc dbname

or

* pg_dumpall

I can ask for an access to the machines, if needed (they are not a
customer or such).

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE