Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 12:56 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:

> I think we should extend the time available to make sure we have a
> sensible set of features for 9.0. The heat of this discussion tells me
> that we are going to be lacking features that are must-have to someone,
> whether or not they are in the majority.

-1

Missing release dates because of some patch that isn't done is something
the community has been trying to get away from, aggressively. The way
this is supposed to work is:

We have a release date
  Features that aren't going to make that date, don't.
We release

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.