Re: Streaming replication, and walsender during recovery

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Streaming replication, and walsender during recovery
Дата
Re: Streaming replication, and walsender during recovery  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I'm keen to allow cascading in 9.0. If you pull both synch rep and
> > cascading you're not offering much that isn't already there.
>
> FWIW, I don't agree with that prioritization in the least.  Cascading
> is something we could leave till 9.1, or even later, and

Not what you said just a few days ago.

> hardly anyone would care.

Unfortunately, I think you're very wrong on that specific point.

>  We have much more important problems to be spending our
> effort on right now.

I'm a little worried the feature set of streaming rep isn't any better
than what we have already. If we're going to destabilise the code, we
really should be adding some features as well.