Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message)
Дата
Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message)
Список pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2010-01-21 at 18:05 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Well, we used to have the idea of a feature freeze ... is that going
> to apply at the end of the commitfest?

Feature freeze was used to discourage the submission of very big patches
shortly before beta.  The commit fest process has IMO alleviated this
concern.  Beta is still the definite cutoff; and the closer we get to
beta, the smaller the acceptable changes become.  I think that formula
basically applies throughout the entire cycle.