Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> writes:
> My two cents: backpatching an exception for .DS_Store seems good, but
> creating an exclusion for all hidden files feels like a surprising
> change for stable branches.

On the whole, I think I'd vote for blocking .DS_Store only, even
in HEAD.  (IIRC, I thought differently to start with, but today
I'm feeling conservative about it.)  If there are other special
file names on other platforms, we could add some more targeted
exceptions; but dropping all hidden files seems more likely to
break things than be helpful.