Re: damage control mode

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: damage control mode
Дата
Re: damage control mode  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On lör, 2010-01-09 at 14:12 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> If we accept large patches at the very end of the development cycle,
> that's when people will submit them.  You've previously criticized the
> high proportion of the release cycle that is set aside for CommitFest
> and beta, so I'm surprised to see you advocating for a policy that
> seems likely to lengthen the time for which the tree is closed.

Just to clarify: I am for sticking to the agreed dates.  If some things
are not ready by the necessary date plus/minus one, they won't make the
release.  If it's obvious earlier that something won't make the date, it
shouldn't be committed, and maybe put on the backburner right now.  But
AFAICT, that's independent of when it was submitted.  Some things that
were submitted just the other day might be almost ready, some things
that were first submitted many months ago are still not ready.