Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: RFC: PostgreSQL Add-On Network
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 13:22 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave,

> What I'm getting from your e-mail, Dave, is "If it doesn't solve all
> problems for everyone in the world from Day 1, it's not worth doing."

I doubt that is Dave's intent because then we might as well stop work on
PostgreSQL too.

> David's proposal is designed to be something which he can get done *this
> year*, possibly before 8.5 is released, and be built on later.  It'll be
> useful to a substantial number of our users, and will be an improvement
> on what we have now.

I say if Wheeler wants to do it, he should do it and stop quibbling with
the rudiments of the Org opinion. Guess how many people have opinions?

Buildfarm succeeded because someone stepped up, evaluated, took a little
feedback and ran with it. He didn't screw around waiting for everyone to
be happy.

So +1 on Wheeler's idea.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.