Re: Planner regression in 8.0.x ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Planner regression in 8.0.x ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)" <postgresql4@ultimeth.com> writes:
> I don't have the plan for the original query under 7.4, but you will
> note I've posted a work-around for 8.0.4 that runs in a fraction of a
> second on 8.0.4, and here's the plan for that:

Dean, you're wasting our time with the workaround.  What we want to know
about is the problem query, and without some evidence about the reason
for the discrepancy between 7.4 and 8.0, we can't make any progress on
that.  If you don't have the ability to generate an explain report on
7.4 anymore, at least give us the full schema dump so someone else can
try to reproduce the problem without unreasonable amounts of guesswork.