Re: compile/install of git

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: compile/install of git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Test machines belong in the buildfarm.

So?  People are still going to want to git-ify their buildfarm critters.

> My big point in posting was to say that compiling git was not the
> nightmare I expected it to be.

FWIW, I've also successfully installed git on my old HPUX box.
I avoided most of the library dependencies by giving up support for
http: URLs for repositories.  I figure git: and ssh: should cover
what I need to do with it.

For anyone else trying to get it installed on an odd platform:
their configure script improved quite a lot in the last six months,
so get a recent version.  I had to do a lot of hacking to get 1.7.1
to build, but 1.7.2.3 fixes most of those problems.  It still misses
a few things, but you can probably fix any problems by adjusting the
config.mak.autogen file afterwards.