Re: automatically generating node support functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: automatically generating node support functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't think it's worth worrying about this not working reliably for non
> --enable-depend builds, there's a lot more broken than this.

Well, *I* care about that, and I won't stand for making the
non-enable-depend case significantly more broken than it is now.
In particular, what you're proposing would mean that "make clean"
followed by rebuild wouldn't be sufficient to update everything
anymore; you'd have to resort to maintainer-clean or "git clean -dfx"
after touching any node definition file, else gen_node_support.pl
would not get re-run.  Up with that I will not put.