Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: convert libpq uri-regress tests to tap test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 23.02.22 21:30, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Where would we want that test to live? Right now we have the slightly odd
>> convention that some tap tests live in src/test/{misc,modules,...}. But
>> e.g. frontend binary ones are below src/bin/.

> libpq TAP tests should be in src/interfaces/libpq/t/.

> I think there were issues that the build farm wouldn't pick up a test
> located there, but that should be fixed rather than worked around.

That's failing to account for the fact that a libpq test can't
really be a pure-perl TAP test; you need some C code to drive the
library.  I don't agree with intermixing such code with libpq
itself, independently of any buildsystem issues (which there
might well be).  So I think the design of putting such tests under
src/modules is fine.