Re: strange error

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: strange error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you for your reply, the procedure code (which I posted in the original post) already utilizes the Execute
statment.

Here is the weirdest thing. The error only occurs in the query window
that I originally wrote the code in. If I open another query window
(I'm using PGAdmin III), I can run the code a number of times with no
error. (In short there is no problem restraining me from what I am
doing, it just threw me for a loop for a while.)

Sim

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 07:55 +0200, Sim Zacks wrote:
> I tried it on a test RedHat server
> PostgreSQL 8.0.2beta1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
> and the problem didn't occur. It is a slightly newer version, though,
> so it doesn't prove anything. But the Gentoo is my production machine,
> so I guess I'll have to figure out a way around it. I'll post again if
> if I can figure out exactly where the problem is occurring.

You were doing the creation of the temporary table in a function.  Did
it go wrong on the very first execution in a session or only on the
second and subsequent executions?

If the latter, try using EXECUTE in the function, so that the statement
is reevaluated each time.

   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html