Re: Ignoring some binaries generated in src/test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ignoring some binaries generated in src/test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The current logic in src/test/Makefile, particularly the way that
>> the modules subdirectory is handled, seems pretty ugly/convoluted
>> anyway.  I wonder why it was done that way rather than just ensuring
>> that modules/ doesn't do anything for "make install"?

> Because we do want to have the Makefile in src/test/modules to install
> the modules if "make install" is invoked there.  That way, you can run
> "make -C src/test/modules install installcheck", and it works.

OK.  I still wonder if there isn't a better way to get that effect, but
I left it alone for now.  I committed Michael's new .gitignore files and
fixed the Makefiles so that "make clean" and friends clean up properly.

Сообщение: Re: Feedback on getting rid of VACUUM FULL
Сообщение: Re: Feedback on getting rid of VACUUM FULL