Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 23:57 -0500, cb wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Myself and the other guy responsible for the underlying hardware have
> already gone down this route. The big bosses know our stance and know
> it isn't us preventing the upgrade. After that, there isn't too much
> more I can do except sit back and shake my head each time something
> goes wrong and I get sent on a wild goose chase to find any reason for
> the failure OTHER than PG.

What you need to do is stop the wild goose chases.  If problem is you PG
version, no amount of investigation into other areas is going to change
that.  Your company is simply wasting money by ignoring this and blindly
hoping that the problem will be something else.

It can be a difficult battle, but it can be won.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106